Rays trade Raley to Mets for pitching prospect
Raley, who the Rays signed to a two-year deal before the beginning of last season, posted a 2.68 ERA and 10.2 K/9 in 60 appearances for Tampa Bay.
The 34-year-old joins offseason waiver claim Tayler Saucedo as the Mets' only two left-handed options in their bullpen.
Raley is owed $4.5 million in 2023 and has a $6.5-million team option for 2024.
Askew was drafted by the Mets in the 10th round of the 2021 draft.
The 22-year-old was 5-0 with a 2.44 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, and 12.5 K/9 across two lower minor-league levels last season.
- Tatis nearing full strength, 'really excited' for 2023 return
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected
- 5 riskiest acquisitions of MLB offseason
- Bagwell praises new Astros GM for 'mixing' analytics with traditional scouting
- Moncada, Robert, ex-All-Star Cespedes playing for Cuba in WBC