D-Backs sign Miguel Castro to 1-year deal reportedly worth $3.5M
The Arizona Diamondbacks signed reliever Miguel Castro to a one-year contract with a 2024 option, the team announced.
The $3.5-million pact includes incentives, according to Jon Heyman of MLB Network.
Castro posted a 3.84 FIP with 31 strikeouts over 29 innings for the New York Yankees in 2022.
The 27-year-old owns a career 4.12 ERA with 1.41 WHIP across eight seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays, Colorado Rockies, Baltimore Orioles, New York Mets, and Yankees.
The Diamondbacks also claimed catcher Ali Sanchez off waivers from the Pittsburgh Pirates and right-hander Sean Poppen was claimed by the San Diego Padres.
- Dodgers' Betts: Winning 'MVP is cool, but it's kind of irrelevant'
- The Atlanta Braves are hitting like the 1927 Yankees - really
- Report: Marlins upset after game vs. Mets postponed
- 'It's an art': MLB catchers seek balance between framing, robot umps
- MLB Wednesday best bets: Berríos to grind out innings vs. Yankees