Report: Cubs keeping tabs on Bellinger, Conforto, Vazquez
The Chicago Cubs have their sights set on a few intriguing free agents.
The 27-year-old outfielder is focused on a one-year deal following another challenging season at the plate, slashing .210/.265/.389 with 19 home runs over 144 games in 2022.
The Cubs are also looking at Michael Conforto, according to Heyman. The former All-Star outfielder didn't play for an MLB team last season after undergoing shoulder surgery in April. The 29-year-old reportedly wants a two-year deal with an opt-out clause. He owns an .824 OPS over seven major-league campaigns with the New York Mets and went deep a career-high 33 times in 2019.
Chicago has also been in talks with Christian Vazquez, according to Heyman. The veteran catcher hit nine homers with 52 RBIs and a .714 OPS over 119 games combined with the Boston Red Sox and Houston Astros last year. The 32-year-old is a two-time World Series champion.
- Preller wants to retain Machado beyond opt-out: 'It's more Manny's decision'
- MLB composite top 100 prospect rankings, takeaways
- Yankees' King: Astros can't 'stop us when we're rolling'
- Report: Mets signed Kodai Senga despite questionable physical
- 20 years of free agency: The more it changes, the more it stays the same