Vladdy: 'I would never sign with the Yankees, not even dead'
"I like to play in New York, I like to kill the Yankees. I would never sign with the Yankees, not even dead," Guerrero said in Spanish to Dominican media personality El Dotol Nastra.
The 2021 AL MVP runner-up has gone deep 13 times with a career .864 OPS in 65 games against the Yankees. He recorded a three-homer contest versus New York in April and then delivered a walk-off hit while playing the division rival in late September.
The 23-year-old celebrated the victory with an emphatic statement, calling the Rogers Centre "my house." The Yankees ended up winning the AL East in Toronto the following night.
Guerrero, who's eligible to test free agency after the 2025 campaign, has expressed interest in signing a long-term extension with the Blue Jays.
- Orioles lower AL East magic number to 1 with win over Nationals
- Cleveland salutes Francona with multiple ovations in final home game
- Mets' Lindor secures 1st career 30-30 season with 3 HRs in doubleheader
- The Atlanta Braves are hitting like the 1927 Yankees - really
- Cora says he'll remain with Red Sox in 2024