MLB won't return to Dyersville in 2023
Major League Baseball won't have a Field of Dreams game at the historic site in Dyersville, Iowa, next season because of construction, the group that owns the ballpark told Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register.
"It's a lot going on," Hall of Famer and part owner of the site Frank Thomas said. "They don't want to come back if the stadium's not prepared."
However, a return after 2023 has been discussed, according to Birch.
The Chicago Cubs and Cincinnati Reds play in Dyersville on Thursday in the Field of Dreams game. The New York Yankees and Chicago White Sox met last season in what turned out to be a big success.
- Previewing baseball HOF's 2024 contemporary era committee ballot
- Report: Ohtani likely to make free-agent decision within next week
- Report: Padres, Giants, Yankees among teams vying for Korean star Lee
- Report: Brewers, Chourio agree to 8-year, $82M pact that can rise to $142.5M
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape