Blue Jays sign Jackie Bradley Jr.
The Boston Red Sox released the one-time Gold Glove winner Thursday after he slashed .210/.257/.321 with 19 doubles and 29 RBIs in 91 games.
Boston reacquired the 32-year-old in an offseason trade involving the Milwaukee Brewers and Hunter Renfroe. Bradley signed a two-year, $24-million deal with the Brewers in March 2021.
Bradley has appeared in 1,098 games over his 10 major-league seasons, hitting .228/.307/.389 with 107 home runs, 434 RBIs, and 69 steals. The outfielder also has 74 defensive runs saved throughout his career.
The defensive wizard's best season was 2016. He was named an All-Star and posted an .835 OPS with 26 homers and 87 RBIs.
- Rockies' Blackmon plans to exercise $18M player option for 2023
- Mariners clinch 1st postseason berth since 2001 with Raleigh's walk-off HR
- To dream the impossible dream - and then decide it's time to let it go
- Dodgers lock up home-field advantage through World Series
- Orioles eliminated, assured of ending streak of losing years