Astros record combined no-hitter vs. Yankees
"To do it in New York, it's the best feeling in the world," Pressly said postgame, according to Ronald Blum of The Associated Press.
This is the 14th time the Astros completed a no-hitter in franchise history. Meanwhile, the Yankees have now been no-hit eight times. Ironically, Houston was also the last club to do it against New York thanks to another combined effort in 2003.
The Yankees also set a dubious mark in the loss:
The Astros' accomplishment is the third no-no of the 2022 season. The New York Mets also have a combined no-hitter, while Los Angeles Angels left-hander Reid Detmers is the only hurler to record one without another reliever.
- Pujols still plans to retire despite recent surge, not chasing 700 HRs
- Slumping Yankees blanked for 2nd straight game in loss to Rays
- MLB Tuesday best bets: Astros to prevail in battle between Cy Young favorites
- Dodgers become 1st team to 80 wins with victory vs. Brewers
- Dodgers' Buehler will have season-ending elbow surgery