Sports world reacts to 2022 Baseball Hall of Fame vote
The Baseball Hall of Fame named David Ortiz as the lone member who will hear his name called in Cooperstown this summer.
Alex Cora, the manager of the Red Sox and a teammate of Ortiz from 2005-08, offered a fond message.
Red Sox broadcaster and Hall of Fame reliever Dennis Eckersley showed some love for Big Papi.
A longtime adversary in the heated Red Sox-Yankees rivalry also shared his thoughts.
The most vocal reactions filtered in about the voters' decision to exclude Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens in their final year of eligibility.
- White Sox, MLB decide to play game after parade shooting
- Giants' Rodon frustrated after 5th straight loss: 'Something needs to change'
- MVP Rankings: Sizing up the races at season's midway point
- Red Sox blank Rays for 8th straight win on Fourth of July
- Roberts 'not even considering' removing Kimbrel as closer