Report: Galvis close to deal with Japan's Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks
Veteran shortstop Freddy Galvis is taking his talents overseas.
The 32-year-old is closing in on a deal with Japan's Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks, according to Yahoo Japan, via MLB Network's Jon Heyman.
The potential agreement's terms are not yet known.
Galvis split the 2021 campaign between the Baltimore Orioles and Philadelphia Phillies, slashing a combined .242/.302/.407 with 14 homers, 15 doubles, and 40 RBIs in 104 games.
The Venezuelan infielder has hit .246/.292/.387 with 109 homers in 10 major-league seasons with the Phillies, Orioles, San Diego Padres, Toronto Blue Jays, and Cincinnati Reds.
The Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks finished the 2021 campaign with a 60-62 record in the Pacific League of Japan's Nippon Professional Baseball.
- Verlander silences Mariners as Astros extend lead for final wild-card spot
- Trout expects to be 'wearing an Angels uniform next spring'
- Rangers top Angels for 6th straight win to maintain AL West lead
- Report: Padres planning to cut payroll from $253M to $200M for 2024
- What's at stake over the final week of the MLB season?