Report: Brewers tried to trade Bradley for Blue Jays' Grichuk
The Milwaukee Brewers discussed a one-for-one trade that would've sent outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr. to the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for outfielder Randal Grichuk, sources told Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
The 31-year-old Bradley struggled mightily with the bat in 2021. The former All-Star and Gold Glover slashed .163/.236/.261 with six homers in 134 games. However, he owns a career .732 OPS in eight years with the Red Sox and remains a good defensive player. He's owed $9.5 million in his last season under contract.
Meanwhile, Grichuk is set to earn over $9.3 million in 2022 and 2023 before reaching free agency. The 30-year-old hit 22 round-trippers with 81 RBIs and a .703 OPS over 149 contests last season. He's gone deep at least 20 times in five different campaigns but owns a career .293 OBP across eight years in the majors.
- Ortiz joins 2022 HOF class as Bonds, Clemens fall off ballot
- HOF takeaways: Papi's a deserving choice, but Hall remains incomplete
- Clemens: 'I put HOF in rearview 10 years ago'
- Report: MLB, MLBPA make progress on minimum salary, pre-arbitration bonus pool
- Sports world reacts to 2022 Baseball Hall of Fame vote