Report: Mariners interested in Kris Byrant
Bryant reportedly isn't expected to sign before the collective bargaining agreement expires at 11:59 p.m. ET on Dec. 1.
The 2016 NL MVP hit 25 homers with 73 RBIs over 144 games split between the Chicago Cubs and San Francisco Giants last season. Bryant owns a career .880 OPS.
Adding the four-time All-Star's bat could help a Mariners team that finished with the worst batting average in baseball despite winning 90 games in 2021.
- Report: MLB, MLBPA make progress on minimum salary, pre-arbitration bonus pool
- theScore's mock HOF ballot welcomes class of 4
- Rays' Walls: If Bonds is 'one of the best hitters ever, then why cheat?'
- Cast your own baseball HOF ballot: The results are in 👀
- MLB-partnered Frontier League adopting sudden-death extras rule