Rogers brothers confuse fans at Oracle Park during NLDS
Cue the Spider-Man meme.
On Friday, fans at Oracle Park were perplexed when they seemingly saw Giants pitcher Tyler Rogers in the stands during Game 1 of the National League Division Series between San Francisco and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
What they didn't realize was Tyler wasn't ditching his job in the Giants' bullpen. Instead, it was his twin brother and Minnesota Twins pitcher Taylor, who attended Game 1 with his brother's wife to root for Tyler, in the stands.
"A lot of people mistook him for me, and even during the game, they were asking him why he's in the stands," Tyler said Saturday before Game 2, according to MLB.com's Stefanie Lee.
Taylor also attended Game 2, where he engaged in some friendly banter with his twin about the lack of Bud Light available at Oracle Park.
- Report: Red Sox have interest in Story
- Report: Astros' Espada, Rays' Quatraro in running for A's manager job
- Re-ranking top free agents: Plenty of stars still looking for deals
- Minoso, Hodges, O'Neil among 6 new inductees to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Report: Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Seiya Suzuki