Padres place Snell on IL with groin strain amid playoff push
Snell exited his last start early after tweaking his groin Sunday in a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
The 2018 AL Cy Young winner has posted a 4.20 ERA with 170 strikeouts over 128 2/3 innings (27 starts) in his first season playing for the Padres following a blockbuster trade with the Tampa Bay Rays during the offseason.
The Padres enter Wednesday's action one game behind the Cardinals for the second wild-card spot in the NL.
- Correa loved E-Rod mocking his celebration: 'Go out there and have fun'
- Astros' Greinke starting Game 4 of ALCS, will be his 1st start in a month
- Schwarber, Red Sox slam Astros, lead ALCS 2-1
- Report: Tatis not expected to have shoulder surgery this winter
- Shapiro: Jays prioritizing roster improvement, not just re-signing FAs