Syndergaard: 'Whose dumb f------ idea was it' to change Sunday's game time?
Warning: Story contains coarse language
"Hey MLB, ESPN whose dumb fucking idea was it to change tomorrow's game to a night game when we're traveling to the West Coast after," the Mets right-hander wrote in his Instagram story. "Won't get in until Monday morning. Take on first-place (San Francisco) Giants later that evening. Brilliant!"
Syndergaard, who hasn't played this season while recovering from Tommy John surgery and elbow inflammation, said the Dodgers get a raw deal out of the last-minute change too.
"Wow. The Dodgers don't even get an off day Monday. This is cruel," the 28-year-old added.
Los Angeles returns home to face the Pittsburgh Pirates on Monday night after playing a three-game series in Queens.
The Mets just started a brutal 13-game stretch against the Dodgers and Giants, the National League's top two teams. New York dropped the first contest in extra innings Friday.
- Yankees acquire Soto from Padres in 7-player blockbuster
- Judge looking forward to 'couple more' moves from Yankees after Soto trade
- Padres' Preller: Trading a player of Soto's caliber was 'very difficult'
- Report: Angels discussed trade for Blue Jays' Manoah, didn't gain traction
- Report: D-Backs, Eduardo Rodriguez agree to 4-year, $80M deal