Tatis leaves game after partially dislocating shoulder again
Tatis appeared to be in considerable pain while laying on the field. He eventually walked off with the training staff and into the clubhouse.
Manager Jayce Tingler told reporters following the game that Tatis suffered a partially dislocated shoulder and would be re-evaluated Saturday.
The 22-year-old has battled shoulder issues throughout the season. He suffered a shoulder subluxation in April on a swing that landed him on the injured list. Tatis also injured his shoulder making a defensive play in June.
Entering Friday, Tatis was hitting .290/.371/.650 with 31 homers and 23 stolen bases in 86 games.
- Orioles stun Yankees in extras after late comeback
- The Brewer Way: How Milwaukee became a World Series contender
- La Russa: Ohtani plunking unintentional, umps 'made a mistake'
- Ohtani to miss next start, Angels hoping he'll pitch again in 2021
- Cohen: Former Marlins exec is anonymous source speaking out against Mets