Pirates trade Richard Rodriguez to Braves
Rodriguez, who is under team control through 2024, was coveted by multiple teams seeking relief help at the deadline. The 31-year-old has quietly broken out in Pittsburgh over the past two seasons.
This year, Rodriguez has tallied 14 saves while posting a 2.82 ERA, 2.58 FIP, and 0.83 WHIP with 33 strikeouts and five walks in 37 appearances.
Wilson, 23, posted a 4.83 ERA with 21 strikeouts and eight walks across seven starts for Atlanta this season. He's spent the year shuttling between the majors and Triple-A.
DeVito, 22, was Atlanta's eighth-round pick in 2019. He's spent this season at High-A Rome, where he put up a 2.66 ERA with 27 strikeouts and seven walks across five starts.
- Schwarber: 'I'd be all ears' about new deal with Red Sox
- Seager wants to return to Dodgers: 'I believe in what these guys do'
- Matzek savoring Braves' run: 'I was out of baseball in 2017'
- Report: Gray likely seeking 3- or 4-year deal after turning down Rockies offer
- Braves' Rosario named NLCS MVP after record performance