Cubs trade Tepera to White Sox in crosstown deal
When asked about the potential deal on Wednesday, Tepera said he was open to being moved to the crosstown rival.
"That wouldn't be too bad. Just a little further of a drive. I don't have to move. .. Mid-season is different than offseason. Comfort factor plays a part in it," The right-hander said, according to ESPN's Jesse Rogers.
The 33-year-old owns a 2.91 ERA with 50 strikeouts over 43 appearances for the Cubs this season.
Meanwhile, Horn has accrued a 5.63 ERA and 45 strikeouts in 14 appearances (10 starts) in Single-A. The 23-year-old left-hander was the No. 23-ranked prospect in the White Sox system, according to MLB Pipeline.
- McNeil's homer lifts Mets as Phillies slip in playoff race
- Braves' Rosario hits for MLB's 4th cycle this season
- Mookie trades fan his signed bat for Reds rookie's 1st career HR ball
- Indians jump on Cole as Yankees lose ground in wild-card race
- Tatis botches pop-up, Cardinals beat Padres to win 8th straight