Report: Blue Jays, Mariners, Rays, Yankees join Berrios pursuit
Minnesota has begun fielding offers for the 27-year-old and the chances of him being dealt before Friday's trade deadline are increasing, sources told The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal and Dan Hayes.
The Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Yankees, San Diego Padres, Tampa Bay Rays, and Toronto Blue Jays are among the clubs with varying degrees of interest, Rosenthal and Hayes add.
The Twins hurler has been a bright spot for Minnesota in an otherwise terrible season. Berrios owns a 7-5 record with a 3.48 ERA and 3.56 FIP across 121 2/3 innings. The Puerto Rican hurler also ranks third in the American League in WHIP and eighth in WAR, according to FanGraphs.
- Vladdy: 'I would consider myself the MVP'
- Blue Jays' Borucki ejected for throwing at Rays' Kiermaier
- Maddon implores Angels to improve rotation for 2022: 'This can't continue'
- Where does McGregor's disastrous 1st pitch rank among all-time worst?
- Rays clinch 3rd consecutive playoff berth with win over Blue Jays