Nats trade candidate Turner exits game after positive COVID-19 test
Turner, who's reportedly on the trade block, exited in the first inning against the Philadelphia Phillies, prompting speculation the All-Star had been moved in a deal.
The chatter on Twitter then turned to Turner being potentially injured after he wasn't dealt.
And then more confusion ensued:
Nationals manager Davey Martinez said postgame that Turner reported no symptoms and didn't appear to be sick before taking the field, according to Mark Zuckerman of MASN.
The 28-year-old entered the contest slashing .320/.368/.519 with 18 home runs, 49 RBIs, and 21 stolen bases.
- Boone 'not worried' about uncertain future with Yankees
- World Series odds: Teams to buy, sell in final weeks of MLB season
- Watch: Nats' Rogers mocks Marlins' Chisholm's Eurostep celebration
- 'Late Night LaMonte' lifts Giants over Padres to remain in 1st place
- Cards win 10th in row, beat Brewers to extend wild-card lead