Athletics demote Luzardo to Triple-A
Luzardo owns a 6.87 ERA and 1.63 WHIP over 38 innings (six starts) for the Athletics this season.
The 23-year-old has had a rough campaign on and off the field. In early May, he landed on the injured list after breaking his finger while playing a video game.
Luzardo was the No. 18-ranked prospect in 2019, according to MLB Pipeline.
The team called up right-hander Domingo Acevedo to fill Luzardo's spot on the active major-league roster.
- Angels reverse course, tab Ohtani to start Sunday vs. A's
- Rockies' Hilliard hits emotional HR days after father's death
- Report: MLB mandating vaccines for non-playing personnel on playoff teams
- The Brewer Way: How Milwaukee became a World Series contender
- Twins thump Ryu, drop Blue Jays out of playoff spot