Ohtani will participate in 2021 HR Derby
Ohtani currently ranks second in the American League with 19 homers in 64 games.
The 26-year-old will become the first Japanese-born player to participate in the event.
Ohtani is on pace to start the All-Star Game as the AL's designated hitter. He could also pitch in the Midsummer Classic, as he owns a 2.70 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 12.3 K/9 over 10 starts (53 1/3 innings) this season.
- Orioles stun Yankees in extras after late comeback
- The Brewer Way: How Milwaukee became a World Series contender
- La Russa: Ohtani plunking unintentional, umps 'made a mistake'
- Ohtani to miss next start, Angels hoping he'll pitch again in 2021
- Cohen: Former Marlins exec is anonymous source speaking out against Mets