Yankees fans welcome Astros with 'f--- Altuve' chants, inflatable trash can
Warning: Video contains coarse language
New York Yankees fans finally got a chance to unleash some pent-up anger when the Astros came to the Bronx on Tuesday for the first time since MLB punished Houston in January 2020 for illegally stealing signs in 2017.
Spectators at Yankee Stadium clearly haven't forgotten that Jose Altuve and the Astros beat the Yankees in the 2017 ALCS en route to a World Series title:
Altuve also walked off the Yankees in the 2019 ALCS to send the Astros to another Fall Classic.
One fan brought an inflatable trash can with him to mock Houston's sign-stealing scheme.
The Astros have been taunted in different ballparks this season after fans were prohibited from attending games in 2020 due to the pandemic.
- 4 Cubs pitchers combine to stymie Dodgers for MLB's 7th no-hitter of 2021
- How pitchers are adjusting to baseball's sticky-stuff crackdown
- Correa leads Astros past Tigers for 11th straight win
- Rays survive Pivetta's no-hit bid, top Red Sox on wild walk-off
- Gurriel's slam helps Blue Jays hand Orioles 20th straight road loss