Blue Jays-Phillies series postponed after 2 positive tests
Earlier in the day, the Phillies announced that all activity at Citizens Bank Park is canceled until further notice after one coach and one clubhouse attendee received positive results from Wednesday's COVID-19 testing.
The team noted that no players tested positive. However, Phillies players have been told to isolate while waiting for more test results and additional daily testing, according to Jayson Stark of The Athletic.
Following a weekend series with the Miami Marlins at Citizens Bank Park, the Phillies have yet to play a game after Major League Baseball altered its schedule due to the Marlins' outbreak.
Philadelphia's next series was originally moved to Saturday and was set to begin with a doubleheader at home against the Toronto Blue Jays.
Toronto, which is wrapping up a home-and-home series with the Washington Nationals, plans to stay in Washington and work out there until the league gives further instructions, according to Mitchell.
- Freeman mulling agent change after 'emotional time' in Atlanta
- Angels' Bradley fractured elbow falling out of dugout in brawl with M's
- Rockies rough up Kershaw during another win vs. Dodgers
- Tucker homers, Valdez goes 8 strong as Astros romp Mets
- Woodruff fans 10 in return from IL to help Brewers top Rays