Cubs continue dominance over Brewers with record-setting shutout
Not only did Sunday's 2-0 win help push the Cubs one game ahead of the Brew Crew in the NL Central standings, it helped them assert an unlikely form of dominance over their rivals in 2018:
The Cubs and Brewers faced off eight times in April with each team hosting a four-game set. The Cubs won seven of those contests and didn't allow a run in five. Altogether, the Cubs have outscored the Brewers 29-9.
Despite this throttling, the Brewers have still managed a 16-13 record overall. They'll have a chance to catch their breath, as they don't have to face the Cubs at all in May. The next showdown will come at Miller Park in a three-game set starting June 11.
- Look: Verlander, Alcantara accept error-filled Cy Young trophies
- Phillies sign Josh Harrison to reported 1-year, $2M deal
- Elias believes Orioles can make playoffs in 2023
- Braves' Grissom: 'Not trying to fill nobody's shoes' at shortstop
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected