Yankees assemble as superheroes for HOPE week
The New York Yankees' hot start to the season may be the result of some unfair advantages - that a number of their players actually moonlight as superheroes.
As part of a promotion Thursday morning, members of the Yankees' pitching staff and the general manager visited children for HOPE week - an initiative to help pediatric brain cancer.
The entire roster of heroes featured CC Sabathia as Superman, Masahiro Tanaka as Michelangelo, Michael Pineda as Wolverine, Luis Severino as Iron Man, and Brian Cashman as Spider-Man.
- Verlander silences Mariners as Astros extend lead for final wild-card spot
- Trout expects to be 'wearing an Angels uniform next spring'
- Rangers top Angels for 6th straight win to maintain AL West lead
- Report: Padres planning to cut payroll from $253M to $200M for 2024
- What's at stake over the final week of the MLB season?