Watch: D'Arnaud kisses fan who interfered in play
Atlanta Braves left-fielder Chase d'Arnaud showed some affection towards a fan for making a tremendous catch Thursday night, even if the fan interfered with him to do so.
Trailing 5-0 in the fourth inning, d'Arnaud chased down a flyball off the bat of Philadelphia Phillies left-fielder Cody Asche in foul territory. D'Arnaud came close to making the grab but slowed up as the fan corralled the ball with his outstretched arms. Rather than yell at the fan for interfering with the play, d'Arnaud planted a kiss on the man's left cheek.
The umpires would convene and rule Asche out on fan interference, causing the Phillies outfielder to become irate.
Maybe d'Arnaud felt bad since the fan was sitting next to someone wearing an Orioles jersey at a game involving a pair of National League teams.
(Video courtesy: MLB.com)
- Yamamoto throws 2 scoreless innings in spring debut for Dodgers
- Cubs benefit from market's lack of faith in Bellinger 2.0
- Boras: 'Irregularity' in free agency led to Bellinger's short-term deal
- Orioles sign Kolten Wong, Julio Teheran to minor-league deals
- Report: Giants still in running to sign Chapman, Snell