Atletico sign De Paul from Udinese for reported €35M
De Paul developed into one of the top creative midfielders in Serie A after joining Udinese in 2016. He ended last season with nine goals and nine assists.
His arrival could pave the way for Atletico to proceed with reported plans to sell Saul Niguez, who has been linked to Barcelona and Liverpool.
Confirmation of the deal comes days after De Paul helped Argentina beat Brazil to win the Copa America on Saturday. The 27-year-old provided the assist for Angel Di Maria's match-winning goal.
- Watch: Incredible goal gives Sheriff shocking win in Madrid
- Suarez completes dramatic comeback as Atletico overcome 10-man Milan
- Sheriff Tiraspol stun Real Madrid in 90th minute to record massive upset
- UEFA abandons disciplinary case against Super League rebels
- Koeman seeks extra time as Barca get set for Benfica