Report: Arsenal in talks to loan Arthur from Juventus
Talks are ongoing between the two clubs. Juventus want to bring in a replacement before they sanction Arthur's exit, which may prevent his move to north London.
The 25-year-old, who moved to Juve from Barcelona for an initial €72-million fee in June 2020, made his eighth substitute appearance of the season Wednesday as the Bianconeri lost the Supercoppa Italiana final to Inter Milan in dramatic fashion. He's started only three matches across all competitions.
Arsenal are also reportedly exploring the possibility of signing Leicester City's Youri Tielemans, with Gunners manager Mikel Arteta understood to be a long-term admirer of the Belgian midfielder. Tieleman's representatives have already held discussions with the club at its training ground, according to Goal's Charles Watts.
Tielemans' Leicester contract expires in June 2023.
"Youri's very happy here," Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers said during Thursday's press conference, according to Football Daily. "He's clearly developed and has turned into one of the best midfield players in the Premier League."
- Lance's deep TD pass leads 49ers to preseason win over Packers
- Gonsolin carries no-hitter into 7th, propels Dodgers to 11th straight win
- Soto gets 2 hits, standing ovation as Padres beat Nationals
- Phillies win in extras, snap Mets' 6-game win streak
- Kopech pulled after 6 no-hit innings as White Sox edge Tigers