Germany schedules 1st warmup friendlies ahead of Euro 2024
Munich, Germany, Jan 27, 2023 (AFP) - Germany will play Peru on March 25 in Mainz and Belgium in Cologne three days later as part of their preparations to host the 2024 European Championships, the football federation said on Friday.
As hosts of the competition Germany are exempt from qualifiers and will instead contest 12 friendlies between March 2023 and March 2024.
In Qatar, Germany failed to get out of their group for the second World Cup running following a surprise defeat by Japan and their coach Hansi Flick is keen to put that behind them.
"We are already really excited about this tournament and we want to go into it with a team playing attractive football with passion and enthusiasm," Flick said.
Euro 2024 takes place in June and July 2024 with fixture and dates yet to be fixed across 10 cities including Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Stuttgart, Leipzig, Hamburg, Frankfurt and Gelsenkirchen
- Bellingham: Scottish fans who booed English anthem motivated us
- Germany ends winless run with morale-boosting victory over France
- Bellingham shines, England humbles resurgent Scotland in anniversary match
- Old rival England the 'benchmark' for buoyant Scotland, says Clarke
- Southgate: 'Horrendous' to admit I once supported Scotland