Tsunoda, Ricciardo will stay at AlphaTauri in 2024
AlphaTauri has its drivers for the 2024 Formula 1 season.
Yuki Tsunoda and Daniel Ricciardo will stay with the Italian team for the 2024 campaign, the team announced Friday.
Ricciardo replaced Nyck de Vries earlier this season. Tsunoda has been with AlphaTauri since 2021.
The decision to go with Ricciardo and Tsunoda leaves rookie Liam Lawson without a seat for 2024. Lawson has been racing for AlphaTauri since Ricciardo suffered a broken hand ahead of the Dutch Grand Prix.
Lawson will attend all F1 races as a reserve driver for both Red Bull teams next season, according to Luke Smith of The Athletic.
The 21-year-old is coming off his best finish in Formula 1, placing ninth in last week's Singapore Grand Prix.
- F1 Roundtable: End-of-season reflections
- FIA opens conflict investigation into Mercedes head Toto Wolff, wife Susie
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Schumacher hopeful Alpine WEC drive will pave way back to F1
- F1 teams deny complaining about Toto & Susie Wolff