League Cup 4th-round draw: Man United, Newcastle meet in rematch of final
Newcastle's reward for beating Manchester City in the third round of the League Cup is a meeting with another Manchester club.
Shortly after their 1-0 victory over Pep Guardiola's team on Wednesday, the fourth-round draw pitted Eddie Howe's men against Manchester United. It's a rematch of last season's final won by Erik ten Hag's Red Devils.
Elsewhere in a draw stacked with all-Premier League matchups, Liverpool will go to Bournemouth and Arsenal play away at West Ham.
Chelsea, meanwhile, got a favorable game hosting Blackburn.
Everton coach Sean Dyche will welcome his long-time former club Burnley, and Fulham must go to improving second-tier side Ipswich.
Fourth-tier Mansfield will host third-tier Port Vale to ensure at least one underdog will be in the quarterfinals. Third-tier Exeter, meanwhile, host second-tier Middlesbrough.
- Mansfield vs. Port Vale
- Ipswich vs. Fulham
- Manchester United vs. Newcastle
- Bournemouth vs. Liverpool
- Chelsea vs. Blackburn
- West Ham vs. Arsenal
- Everton vs. Burnley
- Exeter vs. Middlesbrough
Matches are due to be played in the week commencing Oct. 30.
- Championship roundup: Leicester strike late to stay top, Leeds win thriller
- QPR shock Preston to boost survival bid
- Championship roundup: Leicester slip-up allows Ipswich to close in on 1st
- Championship roundup: Rooney finally wins, Leicester lean on Vardy
- Leeds miss out on 7th win in 8 games after draw with managerless Rotherham