Tottenham unveil Maddison after completing reported £40M transfer
Maddison agreed to a five-year deal with Spurs.
Tottenham reportedly accelerated their pursuit after Newcastle United dropped their interest in Maddison to complete a reported £60-million move for AC Milan midfielder Sandro Tonali.
Leicester made Maddison available after suffering relegation from the Premier League in May.
The Foxes reportedly hoped to receive closer to £60 million for the English international but agreed to lower their demands once Newcastle's interest dried up.
Maddison is Tottenham's second summer signing after goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario, who joined the north London side from Empoli on Tuesday for a reported £17.2-million fee.
Maddison, a right-footed midfielder who can play as a No. 10 or on the right of a three-man midfield, recorded 55 goals and 40 assists in 203 appearances for Leicester.
- QPR shock Preston to boost survival bid
- Championship roundup: Leicester slip-up allows Ipswich to close in on 1st
- Championship roundup: Rooney finally wins, Leicester lean on Vardy
- Leeds miss out on 7th win in 8 games after draw with managerless Rotherham
- Barnsley kicked out of FA Cup after fielding ineligible player