Stoke dent Blackburn's Championship promotion hopes
Blackburn's automatic promotion hopes suffered a setback as Stoke staved off a desperate fightback to win 3-2 in the Championship on Friday.
The visitors launched a late revival but failed to prevent their 11-match unbeaten run in all competitions from drawing to an end.
A confident Stoke side, who thumped Sunderland 5-1 last weekend, picked up where they left off with a first-half double.
Wolves loanee Ki-Jana Hoever twice finished expertly as he met accurate crosses, notching the first league goals of his career.
Tyrese Campbell added a third to put Stoke within reach of successive league victories for the first time since October.
However, late Rovers goals from Ben Brereton Diaz - his 12th of the season - and Sam Gallagher nearly teed up a grandstand finish.
It proved too little, too late for Blackburn, as they failed to register a fifth consecutive league win or close the gap on the top two.
- Man City close in on treble as Gundogan sinks Man United in FA Cup final
- Allardyce leaves Leeds after failing in rescue mission
- Tielemans announces departure from relegated Leicester City
- Coventry condemn racist abuse of Dabo after playoff final penalty miss
- Luton celebrate Premier League promotion with victory parade