Stoke dent Blackburn's Championship promotion hopes
Blackburn's automatic promotion hopes suffered a setback as Stoke staved off a desperate fightback to win 3-2 in the Championship on Friday.
The visitors launched a late revival but failed to prevent their 11-match unbeaten run in all competitions from drawing to an end.
A confident Stoke side, who thumped Sunderland 5-1 last weekend, picked up where they left off with a first-half double.
Wolves loanee Ki-Jana Hoever twice finished expertly as he met accurate crosses, notching the first league goals of his career.
Tyrese Campbell added a third to put Stoke within reach of successive league victories for the first time since October.
However, late Rovers goals from Ben Brereton Diaz - his 12th of the season - and Sam Gallagher nearly teed up a grandstand finish.
It proved too little, too late for Blackburn, as they failed to register a fifth consecutive league win or close the gap on the top two.
- League Cup 4th-round draw: Man United, Newcastle meet in rematch of final
- Cardiff's Alnwick haunts Sunderland, Hull rise to 4th after beating Stoke
- Championship roundup: Leicester leapfrog Preston into 1st after Vardy goal
- Championship roundup: Leicester win at Norwich, Warnock leaves Huddersfield
- Pilot cleared in helicopter crash that killed Leicester owner