USMNT's Sargent missed Norwich match due to injury
American forward Josh Sargent did not dress because of an injury for Norwich's match against Stoke on Saturday in England's second tier League Championship.
The 22-year-old forward from O’Fallon, Missouri, is bidding for a spot on the U.S. World Cup roster. He left an Oct. 18 game against Luton after his leg stiffened up following a challenge but returned to play full matches at Sheffield United on Oct. 22 and at Burnley three days later.
The Stoke Sentinel reported he sustained a calf injury against Burnley.
Sargent has eight goals for Norwich this season and five goals in 20 international appearances.
U.S. coach Gregg Berhalter will announce his 26-man World Cup roster on Nov. 9.
AP World Cup coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/world-cup and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Wrexham heartbroken after Sheffield United force FA Cup replay in thriller
- American forward Hoppe loaned from Middlesbrough to Hibrernian
- FA Cup 5th-round draw: Top clubs kept apart, Wrexham could play Spurs
- Reynolds: Wrexham adventure is 'greatest experience of my entire life'
- FA Cup roundup: Stylish Man United progress, Son fires Spurs past Preston