Watch: Sporting's Pedro Goncalves stuns Arsenal with goal from halfway line
That chip was perfection.
It was a goal reminiscent of Nayim's lob of David Seaman in the 1995 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final. Sporting CP's Pedro Goncalves spotted Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale off his line during Thursday's Europa League clash before executing a sublime lofted finish from the edge of the center circle.
The goal made the second leg 1-1, with the overall score tied 3-3 on aggregate. The Portuguese club eventually went on to win in a shootout and reach the quarterfinals of the competition.
(Available to view in U.S. only)
(Available to view in Canada only)
- 49ers take down Giants to extend regular-season win streak to 13
- Report: Rays calling up top prospect Caminero for playoff push
- Mets guaranteed losing season after Castellanos' big game for Phillies
- Giants' Barkley says he has high ankle sprain
- Cole enhances Cy Young chances in dominant win over Blue Jays