Colombia's Muriel ruled out for remainder of Copa America
The striker was substituted 14 minutes into Colombia's tournament opener against Argentina on Saturday with the issue. Reports parroted by Calciomercato suggest Muriel could miss at least two months with the injury.
Muriel, 28, started just one league match for Sevilla in the first half of this past season and was loaned out to Fiorentina in January 2019. He enjoyed an upturn in form in Serie A - he netted six times in 19 appearances - but is yet to be snapped up on permanent terms by La Viola.
Calciomercato reports AC Milan and Atalanta have recently shown interest in purchasing the Deportivo Cali product from Sevilla, but Muriel's injury may hamper potential transfer negotiations.
Muriel joined Sevilla in July 2017 for a reported club-record €20-million fee and has since scored eight league goals for the Andalusian outfit.
- Ex-Bills P Araiza won't be charged after gang rape allegation
- Panthers' Anderson hoping to return after 'minor stroke'
- Nats take Thad Ward with 1st pick of Rule 5 Draft, 15 players selected
- Cowboys' Parsons: Odell said he could return in 5 weeks
- Mayfield could be active for Rams on TNF, Donald out again