Report: Inter abandon Lukaku pursuit, angry about striker's Juventus talks
Romelu Lukaku has one fewer potential suitor in the summer transfer window after Inter Milan surprisingly ended their negotiations for the out-of-favor Chelsea striker, according to transfer insider Fabrizio Romano.
Inter reportedly lodged a final offer potentially worth €40 million - €35 million up front with a further €5 million in add-ons - and were waiting for a response from Chelsea. However, the Nerazzurri are apparently furious that Lukaku held talks with Italian rivals Juventus and have therefore kiboshed their plans to sign the Belgian marksman.
Lukaku has also been subject to interest from the Saudi Pro League. He was offered £20 million a season by Al-Hilal, according to a report by The Guardian's Ed Aarons in June.
Lukaku won the Serie A, Coppa Italia, and Supercoppa Italiana with Inter. The Milan club signed him from Manchester United ahead of the 2019-20 campaign before his relentless scoring earned a €115-million move to Chelsea in the summer of 2021. After an underwhelming term with the Blues, he was sent back to Inter on loan last season.
The 30-year-old scored 14 goals across 37 appearances in all competitions for Inter during the 2022-23 campaign.
- Key thoughts and analysis from Matchday 5 in the Champions League
- Report: Onana fears AFCON trip could cost him Man Utd starting job
- 'Motorbike' Bellingham stars again as Madrid take 1st with win over Napoli
- Bayern Munich held at home by Copenhagen after late VAR intervention
- Arsenal fire 6 goals past Lens to reach Champions League last 16