Watch: Inter's Martinez ends all-Italian UCL semifinal with clinical strike
Lautaro Martinez struck the critical blow to AC Milan's hopes of reaching the Champions League final.
Inter Milan were afforded time and space in the box to carve out an opportunity with a little over 15 minutes left in Tuesday's second leg. Possession was moved between Martinez, Robin Gosens, and Romelu Lukaku ahead of a tentative defense before the ball rolled back along the line for the Argentine attacker.
Martinez took one touch and then fired into the bottom corner.
Inter won the second leg 1-0 after triumphing 2-0 in the opening fixture. They'll face Manchester City or Real Madrid in the Champions League final.
(Available to view in U.S. only)
(Available to view in Canada only)
- Watch: Spectacular Galatasaray goal puts Man United on brink of UCL exit
- Fernandes: Manchester United must be smarter in Champions League
- Arsenal fire 6 goals past Lens to reach Champions League last 16
- 'Motorbike' Bellingham stars again as Madrid take 1st with win over Napoli
- Bayern Munich held at home by Copenhagen after late VAR intervention