Cena hopes The Rock returns to WWE: 'It would be special for everyone'
Like many WWE fans, John Cena wants to see Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson return to the ring.
Cena, who recently made his return to WWE, spoke about the possibility of Johnson doing the same with ET Online's Ash Crossan.
"Dwayne Johnson is a star in his own universe. There is no one like him," Cena said. "There will never be anyone like him. For him to be gracious enough to return to WWE - its own global entertainment phenomenon - that's great for WWE, and it is great for The Rock.
He added: "As a fan of WWE, I really hope he returns. I think it would be special for everyone."
Johnson, 49, last appeared on WWE television in October 2019 for the 20th-anniversary episode of "SmackDown."
Asked by ET if there was anything to tease about a potential WWE return, Johnson replied, "There's nothing."
- Tommy Dreamer Releases Statement On His Dark Side Of The Ring Comments - Wrestling Inc.
- Dark Side of the Ring tells the wrestling stories that need to be told in truth
- News On How Triple H Is Doing after Heart Surgery, What WWE Talents were Reportedly Told - Wrestling Inc.
- Big E Reveals Mental Health Struggles After The Passing Of AEW’s Brodie Lee - Wrestling Inc.
- WWE Hall Of Famer On triple H's Heart Surgery: "Why All Of The Mystery?" - Wrestling Inc.