Sasnovich takes down another Grand Slam champion in defeat of Kerber
Aliaksandra Sasnovich eliminated a Grand Slam champion for the second straight match to reach the fourth round at the French Open.
The 47th-ranked Belarusian beat three-time major champion Angelique Kerber 6-4, 7-6 (5) at Court Simonne Mathieu.
Sasnovich had defeated reigning U.S. Open champion Emma Raducanu in the second round.
She next faces Italian player Martina Trevisan, whose best result at a Grand Slam was the quarterfinals at Roland Garros two years ago.
- Serena out of Wimbledon as singles comeback ends with 1st-round loss
- New surface, same result: Swiatek extends winning streak to 36 matches
- Gauff overcomes slow start to reach 2nd round at Wimbledon
- 2-time Wimbledon champion Kvitova into 2nd round after comeback win
- Ukrainians have war on mind during 1st-round Wimbledon wins