American teen Gauff yet to drop a set over opening 3 rounds
Coco Gauff reached the fourth round at the French Open by beating Kaia Kanepi.
The 18-year-old Gauff, the youngest remaining woman in the draw, defeated the 36-year-old Kanepi, the oldest remaining woman, 6-3, 6-4.
The young American is trying to improve on her quarterfinal run at Roland Garros a year ago.
Gauff had six aces — and five double-faults — while her Estonian opponent made 29 unforced errors. The teenager has not dropped a set in her first three matches.
- New surface, same result: Swiatek extends winning streak to 36 matches
- Gauff overcomes slow start to reach 2nd round at Wimbledon
- 2-time Wimbledon champion Kvitova into 2nd round after comeback win
- Ukrainians have war on mind during 1st-round Wimbledon wins
- Riske becomes 1st player to reach 2nd round at Wimbledon