Keys reaches 3rd round after beating French opponent on center court
Madison Keys advanced to the third round at Roland Garros after beating Caroline Garcia 6-4, 7-6 (3).
The 2017 U.S. Open runner-up relied on her dominant serve to get past her French opponent on Court Philippe Chatrier.
The 22nd-seeded American will next face 16th-seeded Elena Rybakina, the only woman with more aces than Keys this season.
Keys at one point got her necklace stuck in her hair so chair umpire Jaume Campistol helped her untangle it.
Keys is making her 10th appearance at the French Open and reached the semifinals four years ago.
- New surface, same result: Swiatek extends winning streak to 36 matches
- Gauff overcomes slow start to reach 2nd round at Wimbledon
- 2-time Wimbledon champion Kvitova into 2nd round after comeback win
- Ukrainians have war on mind during 1st-round Wimbledon wins
- Riske becomes 1st player to reach 2nd round at Wimbledon