Bouzkova withdraws from French Open after positive COVID-19 test
Czech player Marie Bouzkova has withdrawn from the French Open before her second-round match because she says she tested positive for COVID-19.
She is the first singles player to pull out of Roland Garros because of the coronavirus.
Bouzkova was supposed to face No. 31-seed Elise Mertens, who advanced to the third round.
Bouzkova wrote on Twitter that she hopes she “will start to feel better soon and get back on court.”
Bouzkova is a 23-year-old who has never made it past the second round of a Grand Slam tournament in 13 appearances, including 10 losses in the first round.
- Swiatek's win streak ends at 37 matches after 3rd-round defeat at Wimbledon
- No. 4 seed Badosa beats 2-time Wimbledon champion Kvitova
- Anisimova roars back to take down compatriot Gauff at Wimbledon
- Gauff has simple explanation for Wimbledon exit: I just didn't play well
- Harmony Tan keeps building on win over Serena, reaches 4th round