Netflix to take a swing at tennis in new docuseries
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Netflix is taking a swing at tennis next.
The streaming service announced Friday that it is planning a documentary series about Grand Slam tournaments and the men's and women's professional tennis tours.
Netflix said it is teaming up with the same London-based production company that made "Formula 1: Drive to Survive," credited by many with boosting the popularity of that auto racing circuit.
Filming for the tennis series is under way at the Australian Open.
The year's first Grand Slam tournament begins Monday — and the run-up has been filled with intrigue over whether No. 1-ranked Novak Djokovic will be allowed to remain in the country despite not being vaccinated.
More AP tennis: https://apnews.com/hub/tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Australian Open overnight: Day 6 proves fruitful for No. 2 seeds
- Sabalenka rebounds from tough start, advances to 4th round
- Halep into Week 2 at Australian Open for 5th straight year
- Birthday gift for Cornet is a spot in 4th round in Australia
- Australian Open overnight: Osaka falls, Nadal rolls on Day 5