Osaka tops Forbes' list of highest-earning female athletes for 2021
Naomi Osaka claimed the top spot on Forbes' annual list of the highest-paid female athletes in the world.
The 24-year-old tennis star led all female athletes with an estimated $57.3 million in earnings in 2021, the majority of which came from endorsements.
The No. 2 spot went to Serena Williams, who took home an estimated $45.9 million in total earnings. Rounding out the top five were Venus Williams at $11.3 million, Simone Biles at $10.1 million, and Garbine Muguruza at $8.8 million.
The top 10 women on the list had combined pretax earnings of $167 million last year, a 23% increase from 2020.
Here's the complete list:
|6.||Jin Young Ko||Golf||$7.5M|
- Swiatek's versatility behind her impressive 28-match winning streak
- Swiatek defends Italian Open title with 28th straight win
- Iga Swiatek equals Serena Williams with 27-match winning streak
- Swiatek asserts No. 1 status with win over Andreescu in Rome
- Svitolina: Russian, Belarusian players must address war in Ukraine