Stadium lights briefly dim at Brazil-Switzerland World Cup game
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — The lights at Stadium 974 briefly dimmed dramatically just before halftime Monday during a World Cup match between Brazil and Switzerland.
Brazil was about to take a corner when the lights at the temporary stadium dimmed enough that the play stopped. The full lights came back on within seconds and play quickly resumed.
Stadium 974 is named for Qatar’s international telephone code and also the number of shipping containers lining the facade of the arena.
The stadium near the Doha Port area will be dismantled after the tournament.
- Expanded 2026 World Cup to feature 4-team groups, 104 total matches
- Trio of Women’s World Cup goals, Brighton's Enciso among Puskas nominees
- Messi leaves open possibility of playing at 2026 World Cup
- With Rubiales out, Spanish soccer can leave embarrassing chapter behind
- Rubiales says he'll resign as Spanish FA president after Hermoso kiss