Stadium lights briefly dim at Brazil-Switzerland World Cup game
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — The lights at Stadium 974 briefly dimmed dramatically just before halftime Monday during a World Cup match between Brazil and Switzerland.
Brazil was about to take a corner when the lights at the temporary stadium dimmed enough that the play stopped. The full lights came back on within seconds and play quickly resumed.
Stadium 974 is named for Qatar’s international telephone code and also the number of shipping containers lining the facade of the arena.
The stadium near the Doha Port area will be dismantled after the tournament.
- Cavani, Godin among 4 Uruguayans banned for incidents during Ghana match
- FIFA opens disciplinary proceedings against Argentina over World Cup final
- Messi, Mbappe among nominees for FIFA Best award
- France captain Lloris retires from international football
- Martinez 'delighted' to be Portugal's new coach, will speak with Ronaldo