Report: Price, Binnington among 6 goalies on Team Canada's list for Olympics
Team Canada will officially have six goalies to choose from when it comes time to build its roster for the upcoming Beijing Olympics.
Carey Price, Jordan Binnington, Darcy Kuemper, Mackenzie Blackwood, Carter Hart, and Marc-Andre Fleury are the netminders on Canada's long list, TSN's Pierre LeBrun reported on Thursday's edition of "Insider Trading."
Each country was required to submit a list of 55 NHL players who could make the Olympic roster last Friday.
Countries were permitted to name 50 players and five goalies on each list, but Canada was given an exemption to name six given the uncertainty surrounding Price's availability. The netminder is currently taking part in the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program.
The last time the NHL sent players to the Olympics was in 2014 in Sochi. Price was among the three goalies on the roster alongside Roberto Luongo and Mike Smith. Price went undefeated in five games en route to a gold medal and was named the best goaltender of the tournament.
- Sixth Man of the Year rankings: Who's been the best bench asset so far?
- 2022 Baseball HOF: Intriguing cases linger at bottom of ballot
- 49ers-Packers betting preview: Dare to compare in the NFC divisional round
- Francouz posts 2nd career shutout as Avalanche blank Ducks
- Jokic's 49-point triple-double powers Nuggets to thrilling OT win