Get to know your corrupt Olympic figure skating judges: Yuri Balkov
Judging the women's free skate on Thursday evening in Sochi is none other than Ukrainian Yuri Balkov.
Balkov, as you may remember, is the same judge who was recorded on tape - by Canadian whistle blower Jean Senft - listing the results of the pairs free dance at the Winter Olympics in Nagano before the event even took place.
His punishment for rigging an Olympic event, as handed down by the International Skating Union: A one year suspension.
Shocking. Especially for the absolute meritocracy that is figure skating.
- LeBron: Getting vaccinated was best choice for me and my family, friends
- Syndergaard to make 1st start in nearly 2 years vs. Marlins
- Tomlin not pushing panic button with Steelers at 1-2
- NFL Week 4 survivor picks: Buffalo or bust in a week primed for upsets
- Kawhi intends to stay with Clippers: 'I'm here for the long run'