Dream's McDonald out 3-4 weeks due to torn labrum
ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta Dream guard Aari McDonald is expected to miss three to four weeks as she recovers from a torn labrum.
McDonald, who has started each of Atlanta's first five games and leads the team with 3.8 assists per game, suffered the injury in Friday's 92-87 loss to the Las Vegas Aces. The team announced the injury on Tuesday.
Rookie Haley Jones could take on a bigger role to help the Dream adjust to losing McDonald.
McDonald is averaging 6.0 points per game.
McDonald, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2021 WNBA draft from Arizona, is in her third season.
- Wings' Sabally named Most Improved Player
- Thomas, Bonner help Sun beat Lynx, advance to semis bout vs. Liberty
- Sky interim coach, GM Vatansever won't retain roles next season
- Wings crush Dream in Game 2 to advance to WNBA 2nd round
- Liberty advance to WNBA semis for 1st time since 2015 with OT win vs. Mystics